Monday, August 16, 2010

I Hate Canadian Wheat Thins

I don't know why, but the go-to processed road trip food of choice for everyone in my family is Reduced Fat Wheat Thins. So on the second day of our trip Dad and I stopped at the Safeway in Dawson Creek, BC to stock up. On the package, these totally look like normal Wheat Thins (except that the back of the package is in French):
The package was a huge trap. Once we were back on the road, I opened it to find these impostors:
The crackers were thinner, with visible seeds or grains or something, and none of the high-fructose-corn-syrupy Wheat Thin goodness. Plus, they were really crumbly - terrible road trip food. I was incredibly disappointed. Later that night, I told the story to my sister, who goes to Canada regularly to go rock climbing - turns out she had fallen prey to the fake Wheat Thins as well. Seriously Canada, what is the deal?